SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc. it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a Field RN Coordinator position, supporting our LTSS (Long Term Services and Supports) Medicaid members in northern Virginia. You will travel with your own vehicle throughout Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and Prince William counties (mileage reimbursed). You'll meet with members where they live to complete assessments for services. You will be given the training and equipment to work from a home office. You must have a high speed internet connection.
The LTSS Service Coordinator-RN Clinician is responsible for overall management of member's case within the scope of licensure; provides direction to non-RN clinicians participating in the member's case in accordance with applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing telephonic or face-to-face clinical assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Identifies members for high risk complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual care plan.
- Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- The RN has overall responsibility to develop the care plan for services for the member and ensures the member's access to those services.
- May assist with the implementation of member care plans by facilitating authorizations/referrals for utilization of services, as appropriate, within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements, as permissible.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors, Physician Advisors and/or Inter-Disciplinary Teams on the development of care management treatment plans.
- May also assist in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
- May direct the work of any LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, and other licensed professionals other than an RN, in coordinating services for the member by, for example, assigning appropriate tasks to the non-RN clinicians, verifying and interpreting member information obtained by these individuals, conducting additional assessments, as necessary, to develop, monitor, evaluate, and revise the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, and reviewing and providing input on the non-RN clinicians' performance on a regular basis.
- Requires an RN; a minimum of 3 years of experience working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in Virginia is required.
- Masters in Health/Nursing preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Local travel required (mileage reimbursed).
- Knowledge of long term care, Medicaid, managed care preferred.
- Field experience (home health, etc.) preferred.
- Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) Facets, Care Compass a plus. You must be comfortable working on a computer. You will be working on multiple screens, utilizing web-based applications and updating excel spreadsheets.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran