This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job Family: Medical
Req #: PS35903
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2020
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
CareMore and Aspire Health are entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients and currently serve nearly 200,000 patients in 30+ states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
Aspire Health is the nation’s leading community-based palliative care provider. Aspire specializes in providing an extra layer of support to patients facing a serious illness through an ambitious palliative care program focused on caring for patients in their homes and outpatient clinics. Aspire’s clinicians are experts in providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness; helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system; guiding patients and caregivers through difficult and complex treatment choices; and providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
Work Location – This position will cover the Chattanooga, TN area. You must reside in the area or within a reasonable commuting distance.
Work Schedule: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
About the Field Advanced Practice Provider Role:
Our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants play a vital role at Aspire – and this is an ideal choice for the individual who has the passion, devotion, and desire to impact the lives of the patients and families we serve in palliative care. Our NPs and PA’s collaborate with our Lead Physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Aspire has a network of support in our Patient Care Center, which enables us to provide a comprehensive network of clinical and non-clinical support to you. In addition, our NPs and PAs take part in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, call schedules and scheduled in-service and education sessions.
What you’ll be doing:
· You’ll be providing the Aspire services in home settings, traveling within your designated territory to provide excellent care to a small number of patients daily.
· This means you will develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.) You will gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develop and implement treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
· An important element of the role is the ability to meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the Aspire inter-disciplinary team.
· Our NP/PAs educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
· Each day, you will be in contact with other Aspire clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family – in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy.
· You’ll be supported along the way by our Patient Care Center, which provides another layer of interaction with the patient and patient families, and provides our NP’s and PA’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support.
· Each day, you’ll maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy through our EMR system.
· Participate in continuing education as required by the state where you reside.
· Prescribe medication as permitted by your state prescribing authority.
· Other related duties as deemed necessary.
· Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant with appropriate certification and licensure in the state where you reside is required. 2+ years of experience in home-based services, complex cases, and hospice and/or palliative care is preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience is highly preferred.
· Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required
· CPR certification required
· Reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and minimum state required liability auto insurance. Mileage is reimbursed as you travel in your personal vehicle to scheduled appointments daily.
· Experience working with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems is preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective and meaningful.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.