SHIFT: Day Job
Solutions Advisor –Architect
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Solutions Engineer position will be responsible for evaluating, designing and developing technical solutions within the technology functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of Anthem. Also this position will be responsible for hands-on analysis and design of various current and new data warehouse initiatives while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards that Anthem has attained within the healthcare industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experienced in Cloud enterprise architecture and IT implementation
- Experience driving discussions regarding trade-offs, best practices and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Hands-on experience with current technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Make ongoing recommendations of solution standards and system configurations
- Serve as an Architect/Engineer for all Data warehouse and other data integration technologies
- Analyzing the systems and requirements to provide best technical solutions
- Define systems requirements and specification
- Enabling an innovative approach to solution engineering which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services at a lower cost
- Leading design reviews, planning , developing and resolving technical issues
- Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive solution architecture viewpoint
- Delivering highly complex solution & Design using in-depth knowledge within the business domain
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement components of the platform and application architecture.
- Understand the practicalities of DevOps style (agile/lean) approaches to software development.
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement customer interfaces
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents within
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Lead and support the needs of strategic roadmap and Blueprint activity.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents.
- At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Drive the design and construction of a client’s complex business problems into innovative technology solutions.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field required
- 7+ years of experience with data technologies including Hadoop(Cloudera) , HBase, Spark, Hive, RedShift etc.,; or any combination of education or experience that equals this.
- Strong experience with data integration technologies including Apache NiFi, Glue (or similar tools)
- 3+ years of experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS preferred) in production environment.
- 3+ years of experience using AWS native tools and services (S3, EBS, EC2, EMR, CloudFormation, and Lambda).
- Experience in encryption and key management technologies in the AWS environment.
- Experience in Real time analytics over Data ingestion pipeline using Kafka, Kinesis, and Confluent.
- 2+ years of ELK suite experience.
- Experience building applications with Dev Ops tools such as Jenkins,Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc. is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo) a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
- Experience with setting up DR in the cloud environment
- Good understanding of micro-service design patterns
- Experience in API development or support
- Experience designing and implementing Healthcare applications
- Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO27001 etc.,
- 5+ years of hands on experience in one of the programming language (Java, Python, or Scala).
- Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience in Agile software development life cycles and DevOps principles
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience creating artifacts within an solution architect framework
- Experience in facilitating transformational change through the use of innovative solution architecture roadmaps.
- Experience with Architecture and Design tools a plus.
Nice to have:
- AWS SA professional
- Linux Certifications
- Experience with containers like Docker and kubernetes orchestrator