It is important that you apply using an email address which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative, spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a variety of communications which may be sent to the email address with which you apply
Job Family: Reporting & Data Analysis
Req #: PS36424
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Lead Software Developer (.Net, SQL Server) (Bus Info Developer Consultant Sr.) – PS36424
Location: Any Anthem Office within the U.S. (Remote)
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Position will be within the Program Integrity (PI) group. PI is responsible for ensuring proper payments to legitimate providers for reasonable services provided to eligible members. Will be on an agile development team with Product Owners as Business Representatives to work directly with senior leadership as well as front line associates, and other IT solutions teams (external) that enable the business to drive business efficiencies and compliance. Focus will be on including more innovative technologies and capabilities including more technologically advanced concepts including use of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, as well as best in class industry capabilities in both technology and Health Care domain.
This Business Information Developer Consultant Senior position is responsible for the technical architecture decisions for a suite of applications that are custom-built web based applications, as well as integrated COTS products to have a multi-capable solution for the Provider Audit team in performing clinical reviews of medical records.
· Represent the Program Integrity Ecosystem when connecting to the larger Anthem teams. Partner with other internal Anthem technical architects from the Digital Team, the Recovery Team, the Anthem Innovation Team in order to develop fully integrated design solutions using WebService or Microservices architectures. Partner with other external technical architects to clearinghouses, and other vended technologies.
· Assist Sr Leadership in providing technical tradeoff analysis to select the right technologies to fit the business needs for the long term. Provide Technical Options and tradeoff Analysis or Proofs of Concepts (POCs) for the Business to ensure best technical design to support scalability, interoperability, maintainability, security, etc….
· Partner with Product Owner/Product Manager to understand business roadmap
· Develop Technical Runway Roadmap for an area within Program Integrity functionality. Reviews and monitors initiatives for end-to-end impact analysis and coordination and helps align the business roadmap with the technical runway.
· Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary to coordinate the deployment of changes into production environment.
· Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written. Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
· Codes and maintains complex components of information systems. Provides technical guidance to less senior developers.
· Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
· Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
· Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
· Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Monitors project schedules and costs for own and other projects.
· Conducts training on use of applications developed to product owners to aid in adoption.
· Requires a BS/BA degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field; 6 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· Ability to manage, maintain, and manipulate large sets of data required.
· Knowledge of C#, NET Framework and/or Core required.
· Strong CSS and HTML skills required.
· Experience writing raw SQL, SQL Server, Oracle or Sybase required.
Preferred Qualifications / General Competencies
· Experience in large scale enterprise systems using various technologies.
· Experience in integration with clearinghouses including Availity, Change Health, etc and the Electronic data interchange. Experience in Health Care industry a plus.
· Experience interacting with RESTful web services.
· Agile, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Confluence, JIRA experience (Atlassian).
· Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization.
· Experience or at least understanding of how to apply Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and other capabilities
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at Careers.antheminc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.