SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Medicare Inside Sales & Retention Agent
Responsible for re-selling Individual Medicare plans to existing members in all of the company's states. Responsible for increasing member retention (decrease in lapse rates) by working with at-risk members.
This opportunity can work from home/telecommute requiring availability Monday - Friday during core business hours, some weekends as needed. Overtime required based on business needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Achieves sales and retention goals to increase member retention.
- Performs customer service in a sales/account management environment.
- Responds to the most complex member issues via telephone and written correspondence regarding benefit plan options, rate actions, cancellation notices, and billing to ensure member satisfaction.
- Negotiates sale upgrades by reviewing current benefit plan enrollment, identifying any gaps in coverage, and introducing new products/ services such as dental, life, or vision to promote increased enrollment and profitability.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure member requests, concerns, and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Requires a high school diploma, 2 years of sales and/or customer service experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Licensure: This role requires the ability to obtain and maintain license to sell medical, dental,and life products from the Department of Insurance in all states served by the company's direct sales organization. You do not have to be licensed at the time of hire or at your start date; the company will provide assistance in obtaining the required licensure for the role once you've successfully onboarded.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong telephone skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient using the Microsoft suite.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran