SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Account Management Executive Consultant (National Accounts)
Location: Atlanta, GA or Richmond, VA office preferred; Will also consider candidates that are able to report into an Anthem office in one of the following states: Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Virginia
The Account Management Executive is responsible for all aspects of client relationship management with national account employer groups. In this role, working with a team of professionals, the Account Management Executive oversees client strategy development and execution, operational service delivery, ongoing client initiatives and projects, and retention of national accounts. May also work with new sales associates on new and expansion opportunities. Typical group size is 5,000+ eligible or enrolled subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts. Identifies opportunities for additional sales.
- Supports pursuit of existing client expansion opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Proactively develops effective business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Responsible for managing the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Works directly with Account Service Representatives, Operations Management, Clinical Program Management, and Implementation Management to ensure that all aspects of account service expectations are achieved.
Requires a BA/BS and 7 years of related experience ; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience working in the managed care / healthcare insurance industry, with focus in Large Group or National Accounts (1000+ members), is strongly preferred.
- Sales license required within 30 days of beginning this position.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.