DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Biostatistician with experience in the healthcare consulting or biopharmaceutical industry to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research. The Biostatistician will collaborate with other biostatisticians, scientists, programmers, project managers, clinicians and others, to develop analytic plans and execute data management and statistical analyses in support of multiple real-world research projects for a portfolio of clients.
Preferred location - Wilmington, DE or Watertown, MA
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and analyze healthcare claims data using accepted statistical and biostatistical techniques.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates complex statistical and programming issues.
- Determines proper methodology, testing standards, and evaluation process for research projects.
- Recommends and develops statistical approaches for use in analysis.
- Prepares detailed specifications for study databases and analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates requirements to the programming group.
- In collaboration with the research team, contributes to the design of research studies, develops analytic plans, conducts statistical analysis, performs quality control, and interpret the results.
- Communicates with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
- Plans statistical programming activities and schedules to provide project team with guidance on data management and data analysis timelines for projects.
- Leads and supports initiatives to improve efficiency and standardization in research analytics.
- Develops and implements prediction models for member and provider-based interventions.
- Conducts competitive analysis of risk stratification models and makes recommendations to management.
- Designs and executes care management program evaluations.
- Develops evaluation methodologies for measuring the effectiveness of clinical programs.
- Researches and analyzes broadly defined business scenarios, trends, and patterns and develops recommendations for management.
- Provides technical/analytical advice to staff.
- Responds to and manages ad hoc client requests to ensure accurate, in-depth results/data are delivered in a timely manner.
- Prepares results for presentation to internal/external clients.
- Presents research findings to management and clients.
- Compiles results of studies for journal publication.
Requires a Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field; 3 years healthcare and/or consumer data analysis experience; 2+ years experience in the development of predictive models; 3 years coding experience with SAS; 3 years experience manipulating and processing large multi-source datasets with SAS and SQL programming tools; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience with industry standard clinical code sets or predictive modeling risk adjustment tools preferred.
- Superior analytical programming skills and modeling experience.
- Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data.
- Proficiency in SAS statistical software is required.
- Proficiency in R statistical software is highly desired.
- Proficiency using the Boston Health Economics Instant Health Data (IHD) tool is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail, adaptable to changing priorities, innovative in conducting statistical analysis, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
Working at HealthCore
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment. HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Watertown, MA, Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.