SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of healthcare.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to their fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Location: This position services our PASSE members in Arkansas. We have positions available in Little Rock, AR. Residency in this location is required.
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, with potential evening or weekend hours to meet the needs of our members.
The Managed Care Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of member's individual service plan within the scope of position, as required by applicable state law and contract. This is an unlicensed position that does not involve clinical judgment.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing telephonic or face-to-face history and program needs assessments using a tool with predefined questions for the identification, evaluation, coordination, and management of member's program needs.
- Using tools and pre-defined identification process identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high-risk complications) and coordinates those member's cases with the clinical healthcare management and interdisciplinary team in order to provide care coordination support.
Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost-effective and efficient utilization of services.
Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, and physicians. Identifies members that would benefit from expanded services.
- BA/BS in a health-related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background, is required.
- 2 years of experience working directly with people related to Behavioral Health and related community-based organizations is required.
- Experience with community mental health resources, specialty populations, or similar is preferred.
- Experience working with I/DD population is preferred.
- Up to 30% local travel, visiting members in their homes or in a care facility, is required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 codes, medical terminology and coordination of benefits is preferred.
- You must be competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.