It is important that you apply using an email address which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative, spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a variety of communications which may be sent to the email address with which you apply
Location: , MO
Job Family: Sales
Req #: PS44298-Missouri
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2021
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Account Management Executive
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of student business.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
Work location: Any of the following states - California, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Requires a BA/BS; 5 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience working in the managed care / healthcare insurance industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with student business preferred.
- Sales license required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.