Behavioral Health Case Mgr I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
BH Case Manager I
Location: Denver, CO or Colorado Springs
Multiple positions are available that will be responsible for servicing members in the Denver area (Boulder, Broomfield, Jefferson County, and surrounding areas) or the Colorado Springs area. Remote. In the future Fieldwork is required and you are required to come to the office for occasional meetings.
Note: Temporarily not doing fieldwork or in-office meetings. Telephonic outreach only due to the pandemic.
The BH Case Manager is a community-based position and is responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home and community visits for members with behavioral health and substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
•Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
•Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops a care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during the assessment.
•Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan and modifies the plan as needed.
•Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care.
•Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet the identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
• Requires a Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or a degree in nursing
• Requires 3 years of clinical experience providing treatment to individuals with complex psychiatric/substance use disorder diagnosis and/or medical disorders
• Requires Current active unrestricted license to practice as an RN LCSW LPC LMFT or Clinical Psychologist within the scope of licensure in Colorado
• Requires experience working on multiple computer platforms simultaneously
• Requires excellent typing skills
• Preferred Case Management experience telephonic and/or field-based
• Preferred managed care experience
• Preferred experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques
• Preferred knowledge of Colorado Medicaid
• Denver or Colorado Springs residency required and must have the ability to travel in the surrounding areas
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $58,320 - $72,900
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.