It is important that you apply using an email address which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative, spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a variety of communications which may be sent to the email address with which you apply
Location: , FL
Job Family: Medical
Req #: PS45300
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for working with healthcare providers to help ensure appropriate and consistent administration of plan benefits through collecting clinical information required to preauthorize services, assess medical necessity, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting and applying appropriate medical policies, clinical guidelines, plan benefits, and/or scripted algorithms within scope of licensure.
This level works with the most complex elements and requires review of the most complex benefit plans. May also serve as mentor or preceptor for less experienced staff in addition to serving as department representative on various intradepartmental initiatives. May assist in formal training of associates and may be involved in process improvement initiatives within the utilization management function.
Examples of such functions may include:
• Review of claim edits, pre-noted inpatient admissions
• Or, episodic outpatient therapy such as physical therapy that is not associated with a continuum of care, radiology review,
• Or other such review processes that require an understanding of terminology and disease processes and the application of clinical guidelines but do not require nursing judgment.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducts pre-certification, inpatient, out of network and appropriateness of treatment setting reviews within scope of licensure by utilizing appropriate medical policies and clinical guidelines in compliance with department guidelines and consistent with the members eligibility, benefits and contract.
• Develops working partnerships with physicians, healthcare service providers, and internal and external customers to help improve health outcomes for members.
• Applies clinical knowledge to work with facilities and providers for care-coordination.
• May access and consult with peer clinical reviewers, Medical Directors and/or delegated clinical reviewers to help ensure medically appropriate, quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
• Educates the member about plan benefits and contracted physicians, facilities and healthcare providers.
• Refers treatment plans/plan of care to peer clinical reviewers in accordance with established criteria/guidelines and does not issue medical necessity non-certifications.
• Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
Requires a LPN, LVN, or RN.
• 2 years of clinical or utilization review experience.
• 2 years of managed care experience and knowledge of the medical management process.
• Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current active unrestricted license or certification to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable state(s) or territory of the United States required.
• For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.