It is important that you apply using an email address which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative, spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a variety of communications which may be sent to the email address with which you apply
Location: , MI
Job Family: Union
Req #: PS45378
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Location: Must reside in Michigan and hold active MI behavioral health license to be considered.
The Clinical Care Manager II provides assessments, referrals and counseling. Conducts telephone assessments, collecting sufficient clinical information to make appropriate referral and certification decision for emergency/urgent referrals that require alternate levels of care. Makes appropriate certification decisions. Collaborates with providers to determine alternate levels of care and to facilitate transfers to network facilities and providers whenever possible. Facilitates coordination of care with other managers to assure continuity of care. Evaluates clinical appropriateness of treatment using professional knowledge within Beacon Health Options clinical and work site guidelines and renders certification decisions or seeks consultations for non-certification decisions. Will facilitate all tracking for necessary quality indicators to meet these necessary accrediting bodies (NCQA, URAC). Directs members to an appropriate therapist or EAP provider and reviews care on a regular basis to determine whether treatment meets Beacon Health Options criteria for medical necessity. Refers cases to an MD or Clinical Management staff if unable to determine that medical necessity criteria have been met. Establish and deliver knowledge about care resources and levels of care availability. Special projects and all other duties as assigned.
What does a typical day look like?
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate with other Care Managers to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met. Ensure continuity of patient care through contact with providers. Monitor use of, and regulate release of benefits based on medical necessity. Handle provider calls and assess request for approval of release of benefits. Review and monitor cases. Provide follow-up contact and correspondence. Verify benefit coverage to determine that it is active and available in relation to contract terms and annual limits.
2. Complete telephone assessments and referral; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency, urgent, routine and EAP referrals. Provide appropriate referrals for treatment based in assessment of information gathered during telephone contacts and or on-site with providers. Refer cases that do not meet criteria and need non-cert., to Peer Advisors. Manage release of MHSA benefit provided by carrier for designated group. Ask questions and listen to member in order to assess case and determine needs. Give referral and/or make referral appointment as circumstances warrant.
3. Review for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options criteria and render certification Page 2 of 7 decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical area under review. Provide reviews for predetermination of medical necessity. Review proposed courses of treatment for medical necessity. Utilize rounds and case consultations with Clinical Supervisor and Peer Advisor for cases outside the medical necessity criteria.
4. Interface with internal and external customers to maintain optimal efficiency of service. Maintain telephone superior service standards. Contribute to weekly staff meetings and clinical conferences. Attend appropriate meetings, trainings and conference calls as scheduled. Perform all other aspects of customer service as required. Conduct business in a professional manner. Troubleshoot claims issues. Investigate and research to resolve customer complaint problems and issues.
5. Apply Beacon Health Options policies and procedures consistently. Maintain confidentiality of Clients, Business Records and Reports. Maintain ethical and professional standards. Maintain individual productivity and performance standards. Meet Departmental expectations, accuracy, productivity, and performance standards. Support Beacon Health Options in achieving its Mission Statement. Complete tasks accurately and within required timeframes. Adhere to the components of the Compliance Program. Ensure that job tasks are performed in a legal and ethical manner. Actively assess work area for non-compliance issues and notify supervisor or call Ethics Hotline. Adhere to compliance training requirements and understand that training is required condition of employment
What you contribute?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.