Senior Analyst, Data and Finance
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Senior Analyst, Data and Finance
**Position may be located within 50 miles of any Anthem Office**
As a Senior Analyst, Data and Finance, you’ll help shape the team’s portfolio and direction by applying financial and data analysis knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to directly influence the success of solutions and services that are transforming healthcare. You will work cross functionally across Innovation, engaging with every program and project to gather, inform, track, and refine their strategies, budgets, resources, as well as calculate and track ROI to ensure their success.
This is an execution focused role for someone who is skilled in aspects of data and financial analysis including areas such as statistical analysis, ROI analysis, forecasting, and managing complex datasets. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward.
- Own critical comprehensive analysis functions using statistical and financial techniques to create and manipulate complex datasets to identify trends, issues, opportunities, and anomalies, develop business cases, performance reports, financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and internal management reports.
- Identify resource, risk, quality, cost, ROI, and develop program/project tracking plans in partnership with initiative leaders to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions and services from MVP through deployment at scale.
- Conduct and document complex financial and business-related analysis and translate them into periodic and ad hoc reports, using numbers to present fact-based narratives and enable data-driven decision making.
- Adept at managing timelines, presenting and communicating progress to executive teams.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
- Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact with minimal oversight.
- Work collaboratively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team.
- Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
Skills needed to thrive in this role:
- Relentless focus on execution. Strong record of business, financial, and/or data analysis of complex, high-value technology-enabled solutions, ideally in the healthcare, insurance, financial, or technology sectors.
- Skilled at presenting the results of complex statistical and financial modeling through data visualization in table and graphic format.
- Excellent communication with an eye for detail, an ear for important items, and a focus on the concise and accurate analysis and presentation of data across emails, spreadsheets, presentations, meetings, and reports.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture while connecting dots and finding opportunities for collaboration.
- Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
- Cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical. stakeholders can collaborate effectively and stay engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project
- A “radar” for identifying when you or a struggling project needs additional guidance from leadership and being able to escalate it appropriately.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years overall; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 3+ years of experience in driving data analysis, financial planning, statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work with a geographically distributed team.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with statistical/financial tools and modeling.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.