It is important that you apply using an email address which is unique to you and not shared with a friend, relative, spouse, or significant other. Our recruiting system uses your email address as your unique identifier. If you apply with a shared email address, your application will overwrite any previous applicant record with the same email address. Additionally, please ensure that you use a valid email address, free from typos, as there are a variety of communications which may be sent to the email address with which you apply
Location: , CA
Job Family: Medical
Req #: PS46429
Date Posted: May 12, 2021
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Nurse Reviewers are responsible for conducting pre-authorization, out of network and appropriateness of treatment reviews for diagnostic imaging and other services by utilizing appropriate policies, clinical and department guidelines. They collaborate with healthcare providers to promote the most appropriate, highest quality and effective use of diagnostic imaging to ensure quality member outcomes, and to optimize member benefits.
These positions typically require office training, but due to COVID our offices are currently closed. We have approval to offer remote/virtual training and these positions will work full-time remote from home.
Location: Work from home
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm PST.
Target Start Date: June 21st, 2021
Please note that the level offered is determined by the Hiring Manager based on experience.
Nurse Reviewer (Associate or Level I)
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Receives pre-authorization requests from front-line intake
• Conducts initial medical necessity clinical screening
• Determines if initial clinical information presented meets medical necessity criteria or requires additional medical necessity review
• Conducts initial medical necessity review of out of network pre-authorization requests for services requested outside of the client health plan network
• Notifies ordering physician or rendering service provider office of the pre-authorization determination decision
• Documents the results of the initial clinical review and determination in the pre-certification computer system
• Maintains confidentiality of patient and provider specific information
• Develops telephone service standards to meet departmental performance metrics
Nurse Reviewer (Associate or Level I) SHARED qualifications:
Nurse Reviewer I specific qualifications:
All perspective candidates should have an access to the Internet with the following characteristics:
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.