Project Manager, Innovation Portfolio
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Project Manager, Innovation Portfolio
**Position may be located within 50 miles of any Anthem Office**
As a Technology Project Manager, you’ll help shape the team’s portfolio and direction by applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques directly influencing the success of solutions and services that are transforming healthcare. You will work cross functionally across Innovation, engaging with every program and project to gather, inform, track, and refine their strategies, roadmaps, resources, and outcomes to ensure their success.
This is an execution focused role for someone is skilled in all aspects of project management including initiating, planning, executing, closing, and controlling, driving implementation, managing priorities, projects, and stakeholders to deliver solutions on time and budget. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward.
- Own critical project management functions including determining planning and project scope; developing resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans, reporting, process improvement, and execution in partnership with initiative leaders to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions and services from MVP through deployment at scale.
- Program responsibilities such as executive reporting, project communications, issue tracking, facilitating project meetings, managing deliverables and ensuring resolution of escalated issues.
- Adept at managing timelines, presenting and communicating progress to executive teams.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
- Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact with minimal oversight.
- Work collaboratively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team.
- Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
Skills needed to thrive in this role:
- Relentless focus on execution. Strong record of project management of complex, high-value technology-enabled solutions from seed to scale.
- Excellent communication with an eye for detail, an ear for important items, and a focus on the concise and accurate delivery of key messages across emails, spreadsheets, presentations, meetings, and reports.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture while connecting dots and finding opportunities for collaboration.
- Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
- Masterful cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical. stakeholders can collaborate effectively and stay engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project
- A “radar” for identifying when you or a struggling project needs additional guidance from leadership and being able to escalate it appropriately.
- Ability to insightfully examine the status quo, analyze opportunities for improvement, creatively generate solutions, and demonstrate the grit to realize the change.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
- BA/BS 2+ years of experience in driving program execution, project management or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management during which at least 2 years are spent working in a lead role on one or more projects.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work with a geographically distributed team.
- Consulting background (Bain, McKinsey, BCG) highly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.