Behavioral Health EAP Counselor II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Position: Behavioral Health EAP Consultant II
Location: Everett, WA
Shift: Monday - Friday normal business hours
The Behavioral Health EAP Consultant II is responsible for providing 24/7 Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance services to up to approximately 10 million lives. This is an onsite position based on the client's campus. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supports Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service department by responding to initial customer contacts and request for services; receives client request, assesses situation, determines appropriate course of action.
- Provides telephone and/or on-site support for crisis intervention, assessment, short term problem resolution and referral to appropriate provider(s).
- Manages Critical Incident Stress Debriefing requests.
- Assesses members and assists them in accessing behavioral healthcare benefits available under their health plan.
- Applies specialized knowledge in substance abuse, domestic abuse, grief counseling, workplace problems, and management consultation.
- Provides employer consultation to supervisors, managers, and Human Resources of the EAP contracted organization.
- Manages shared mailbox that is used by clients and external vendor to forward information that must be reviewed and placed in documentation system.
- Education & Experience: Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Mental Health field required; 5-7 years of direct behavioral health and/or substance abuse experience required; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Licensure: Current unrestricted license in the state of WA such as LPC, LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, or LMHC in applicable state(s) required
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.