Behavioral Health Case Manager I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
BH Case Manager I
Location: This is a remote work from home position. Indiana residency is required.
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Local travel may be required once COVID restrictions are lifted.
The Behavioral Health Case Manager supports our members with serious substance abuse, substance abuse related disorders and/or mental health-related illness and is responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for these members.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Use appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
• Conduct assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
• Support member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
• Coordinate with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
• Indiana residency is required.
• Requires Master’s degree in social work, counseling, nursing or related behavioral health field. (BS or higher is required for RN.)
• A current, active, and unrestricted LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, RN or clinical psychologist license in the state of Indiana is required.
• Your experience must include a minimum of 3 years' clinical experience in social work, counseling with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance use disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience working with adults with substance use disorders and serious mental illness is required.
• Experience with community mental health resources, CSB (Community Service Board), or similar is preferred.
• Prior telephonic Case Management experience is preferred.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, is required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.