DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred Locations: Mason OH, Richmond VA, Indianapolis IN, Atlanta GA or Louisville KY
This position requires a highly motivated individual with ability to work in a high pressure dynamic environment. Strong soft-skills, flexibility, ability to learn and adapt to changes are required. This production support lead will interact with both technology and business individuals and therefore a sound understanding of business processes and claims / benefit applications are a key.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 5 or more years related experience; multi platform experience; , expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Multi dimensional required. Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of fundamental design and architecture patterns such as: n-tier, Publish/Subscribe, REST, MVC, Microservices, Data Access (OR/M, DAO’s…etc.), Integration tools, Knowledge of SOAP, REST and XML technologies (XML, XPath, XSL, XML Schema, RNG, DTD, XQuery, DOM, etc.)
- Good hands on experience with MVC, JDBC, RESTful, SOAP and Micro Services required.
- Experience with popular application frameworks, such as Spring, JSF, Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Prime faces and UI frameworks such as React,Angular,Jquery etc. desired.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Rest API, Json, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Splunk, Wily Intrascope technologies preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.