Financial Analysis Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Provides financial analysis and prepares analysis of results for lines of business. Responsible for coordination, management and completion of complex monthly, quarterly and annual finance organizational reporting packages.
Responsible for analyzing, determining and driving opportunities to standardize, eliminate waste and improve end to end processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, membership, cost of care, operating expenses.
- Systems inclined with deep curiosity for leveraging systems to work more efficiently
- Experience data mining across multiple platforms.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts, trend analyses, and preparing analysis for sales, membership, cost of care, operating expenses, general business conditions and other related areas.
- Conducts and documents complex systems, financial and business related analyses and research fields including financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investment.
- Assists in completing large, complex finance reporting packages including results assessment and insights analysis.
- Partners with cross functional business unit representatives soliciting input, feedback and financial analysis including opportunities, risks, critical success assumptions and mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for DBG cross functional finance communications and calendar across all teams ensuring members are kept informed of deliverables, strategies, and outcomes while promoting a collaborative virtual and onsite working environment.
- Supports annual and strategic planning reporting and program assessments
- Supports initiatives from assessment through implementation of solutions and ensures that business controls are put in place to monitor sustainability of process improvements
- Focuses on business improvement initiatives and leads and directs projects.
- Works with management to provide decision support analysis.
Requires a BS/BA in accounting or finance; at least 5 years budgeting, forecasting and accounting financial reporting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MBA, CPA, CMA, FSA, and/or CFA preferred.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Proficiency in reporting and planning applications (i.e. Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.