DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
In this role, you will be responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company’s application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible enhancements.
- Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Aids graphic designers and other web team members to better understand and apply the right marketing focused content.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system.
- Facilitates small group design sessions or code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
- Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training and 1 or more years; experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Multi database, multi language or multi business application is preferred.
- Experience in functional programming required.
- Experience in React (v16), React-Redux(v7+) required.
- Experience in frontend build tools like Webpack and Babel and package managers like Yarn and NPM required.
- Experience in Elixir or Ruby on Rails and NodeJS required.
- Familiarity with Jenkins/Git and similar DevOps/CI tools is helpful.
- Experience in PostgreSQL required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.