Business Information Analyst Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Business Information Analyst Senior is responsible for working hand-in-hand with various Government Business Division Health Plan departments, to interpret and translate their business needs into requirements for pulling data and creating reports.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Writing unique SQL queries to pull-back data for summary, presentation and sometimes interpretation.
- Develop and deliver business performance reports (e.g. for claims, provider, care management and member data) and supplies them to internal business partners.
- Create and publish periodic reports and necessary ad hoc reports.
- Translate business requirements into usable decision support tools by collecting and formatting raw data and translating it into a digestible format.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; 3-5 years data analysis or related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data is also required.
- Must be highly proficient at writing SQL code and queries
- Must be highly proficient with MS Excel (VLOOKUP fuction, pivot tables, charts, etc.).
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.