Referral Specialist I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
This position is responsible for providing support to a clinical team to facilitate the administrative components of clinical referrals for various AIM services.
Sign On Bonus $1,000 effective 9/28/2021
- Initiates and manages clinical referrals for pre-authorization.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors, and other referral sources.
- Reviews referrals for completeness and follows up for additional information if necessary.
- Assigns escalated referrals to staff as appropriate.
- Verifies insurance coverage and completes pre-authorization process for radiology and other imaging exams (CT, MRI, MRA, PET, et.) following established process and procedures.
- Responds to inbound calls initiating exam requests following established processes, meets quality and production standards.
- Contacts physician offices as needed to obtain demographic information or related data.
- Enters referrals, documents communications and actions in system.
Here’s what Anthem offers:
- A career path with opportunity for growth. .
- Ability to obtain your Associate’s or bachelor’s degree paid for in full or further your education with tuition reimbursement.
- Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay.
- Quarterly incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on performance.
- Requires High School diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in a high-volume, interactive customer service or call center environment, with working knowledge of medical terminology; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.