Transplant Benefit Specialist
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Open to US Residents; Candidate must reside within 50 miles of Anthem Office
Hours: M-F 11:30am-8:00pm
The Transplant Benefit Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate transplant benefit administration for all lines of business. Interfaces daily with providers and members to resolve benefit issues and provide education where needed. Responsible for analyzing components of benefits and alerting management of risks.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Interprets benefits and interfaces with members and providers to give benefit information.
- Prepares individual benefit quotes for members and providers for transplant benefits.
- Identifies high risk cases and alerts management.
- Interfaces with internal and external representatives on benefit issues.
- Creates new cases in the Medical Management System with accurate benefit, group and provider information.
- Requires High School diploma; 3-5 years related experience
- Transplant benefit administration experience highly desired
- Managed care experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of health benefits, medical terminology required
- Ability to work and make independent decisions timely and accurately; good customer service skills, including conflict resolution; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.