Provider Network Management Director (National Accounts)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location- Any location as this is a remote position
Develops the provider network through contract negotiations, relationship development, and servicing for large national health systems and includes multiple provider types, ancillary, hospitals and physicians (not just one of these provider types). Primary focus of this role is contracting and negotiating contract terms. Spends a minimum of 50% of the time either in a leadership role or that of subject matter expert and deals with only the most complex providers. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves in a leadership capacity, leading associate resources, special projects/initiatives, or network planning.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for national contracting efforts or in highly specialized components of the contracting process and serves as subject matter expert for that area for a business unit.
- Typically serves as lead contractor for large scale, multi-faceted negotiations across state lines.
- Serves as business unit representative on enterprise initiatives around network management and leads projects with significant impact.
- May assist management in network development planning.
- May provide work direction and establish priorities for field staff and may be involved in associate development and mentoring.
- Works independently and requires high level of judgment and discretion.
- May work on projects impacting the business unit requiring collaboration with other key areas or serve on enterprise projects around network management.
- May collaborate with various other internal teams in making presentations to internal or external stakeholders.
- Prepares financial projections and conducts analysis with recommendations to management.
- BA/BS degree; Masters in healthcare, business, or related field preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience in contracting, provider relations, provider servicing; experience must include prior contracting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires travel.
- 10 years’ experience negotiating complex (multistate) national hospital systems contracts experience required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.