Internal Auditor Sr.
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Internal Auditor Senior conducts audits in collaboration with Anthem leadership to independently assess high risk areas and engage in special projects within Anthem. The Internal Auditor Senior performs internal audit reviews (e.g., operational, financial, compliance) in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This role is a great opportunity to be included in decision making, constantly learn and to showcase your critical thinking skills and creativity in a fun and flexible team environment.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts high quality assessments of Anthem’s processes and controls for their adequacy and effectiveness, which includes demonstrating strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates effective project management skills and team work to ensure reviews are performed efficiently and are completed timely with high quality results.
- Develops written audit memos, reports and findings based upon the results of the review. This includes formalizing control gaps identified and collaborating with business clients and leadership to determine an appropriate corrective action plan.
- Engages and provides valuable insights to business clients to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Assists the Internal Audit team to perform all aspects of the engagement (i.e., planning, fieldwork, reporting, wrap-up).
- Continues to coordinate with management to perform timely finding follow-ups.
- Requires a BS/BA in accounting, finance, health administration; 4+ years in internal audit and/or healthcare related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification or candidate preferred
- Project management, process improvement, and quality oversight backgrounds are highly desired.
- Health insurance experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel may be required, up to 10%.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.