Wellness Nurse Consultant
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Nurse / Wellness Consultant - FHPS (Future Field Work) – PS46962
- St. Louis, MO areas
- Rancho Cordova, CA / Sacramento, CA / Walnut Creek, CA areas
- New Haven / Wallingford, CT / Middletown, NY / Newark, NJ
***Note regarding Locations: This position is currently virtual but will require field work in the future. You may work from your home office initially but you must reside in one of the above areas. In the future, this position may require you to work from one of the above offices when not in the field.
The Wellness Nurse Consultant is responsible for developing and recommending customized, group-specific strategies to improve the health and wellness of the federal employee by leveraging Anthem and Federal Employee Program (FEP) resources as well as industry best practices. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works consultatively with federal employees and agencies to develop and manage tailored plans/seminars to impact health and wellness including strategies that improve health conditions.
- Analyzes utilization data to determine success of member benefits and opportunities to lower healthcare costs and improve health.
- Works with sales and marketing teams to improve competitive position, increase membership and improve retention.
- In coordination with sales and marketing, conducts meetings with federal employees and agencies to review program participation and suggests solutions to meet the federal agencies goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development and review of federal agency goals and objectives to determine appropriate actions for maximizing results and improving group satisfaction.
- Sets up biometric events and delivers presentations to improve health outcomes.
- Maintains contact with providers and business leaders through participation in community affairs.
- May plan, design, implement or deliver and evaluate health and wellness programs for federal agencies.
- Develops programs to improve HEDIS scores.
- Requires BA/BS degree; 3 years clinical experience; experience in corporate sales or consultative selling; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence required.
- Ability to obtain Multi-state RN license required.
- Experience designing and delivering wellness programs is highly desired.
- Must be comfortable presenting to groups virtually or in person.
- Must be willing to travel (mostly day travel) regularly within assigned territory.
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Background with HEDIS is preferred.
- Field nursing experience is a plus.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.