Provider Network Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Provider Network Manager
- Develops the provider network through contract negotiations (language and rates), relationship development, and servicing.
- Primary focus of this role is contracting and negotiating contract terms; typically workingbwith less-complex to complex providers.
- Providers may include, but are not limited to, smaller institutional providers, professional providers with more complex contracts, medical groups, physician groups, small hospitals that are not part of a health system, ancillary providers, providers in areas with increased competition or where greater provider education around managed care concepts is required.
- Contracts may involve non-standard arrangements that require a moderate level of negotiation skills.
- Value based concepts understanding. Fee schedules can be customized.
- Works with increased independence and requires increased use of judgment and discretion.
- May work on cross-functional projects requiring collaboration with other key areas.
- Serves as a communication link between professional providers and the company.
- Conducts more complex negotiations and drafts documents.
- Assists in preparing financial projections and conducting analysis as required.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 3 years’ experience in contracting, provider relations, provider servicing; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Contracting and negotiating contract terms experience required
- May require Iowa travel up to 30%.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.