Financial Analysis Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
*This position may be located near any Anthem location.
These roles are responsible for providing financial analysis to the Diversified Business Group.
The ideal candidates will:
- Supports month end financial statements and analysis.
- Helps prepare annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Supports preparation of internal management reports and comprehensive analyses of financial and statistical results to support senior management.
- Coordinates with actuarial on pricing actions and reserve calculations.
- Cash flow management actions.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analysis.
- Focuses on business improvement initiatives and projects.
- Support the planning and annual budgeting & forecast processes.
- Ensure adjacent financial processes are compliant with applicable Anthem, Inc. Policies.
Requires a BS/BA in accounting or finance; at least 5 years budgeting, forecasting and accounting financial reporting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MBA, CPA, CMA preferred. Insurance or Provider industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years in a B2B business, ideally healthcare with a focus on Medicare Advantage business
- Knowledge of CMS regulations (federal and state) ideal.
- Experience rolling out new technologies from the financial support side (not sales)
- Entrepreneurial/startup/early stage experience a plus, particularly in a data rich environment
- Ability to see the big picture and navigate to what will be significant growth
- Demonstrated history of being an agent of change and team builder, with high integrity
- Demonstrated superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical ability, strategic planning, organization, project management, and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully interface at all levels with the customer, industry, and corporate interfaces
- Experience and understanding of risk management, regulatory compliance, audit and controls
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.