DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At HealthCore, Inc., an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and a health services research firm, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Project Manager to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
Preferred location: Wilmington, DE or Watertown, MA; Other Anthem office locations to be considered
The health and safety of Anthem associates and the various stakeholders we service is a top priority for our business every day. Anthem’s workplace of the future will be both physical and virtual with the number of sites optimized to promote access to diverse, top talent.
This position is project management for research studies, not an IT background.
The Project Manager will collaborate with other study team members including scientists, biostatisticians, programmers, clinicians and others, to manage and execute multiple real-world research projects for a portfolio of clients.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
• Manages the development of planning documents
• Partners with sponsors to secure project approval
• Develops communication management plan
• Defines project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule
• Develops deployment plan
• Leads project meetings
• Identifies, documents and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process(es)
• Maintains and updates all project documents
• Secures the appropriate skill sets for projects
• Sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members; provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers
• Maintains issue log; facilitates resolution of issues
• Executes communication plans
• Regularly reports status of projects
• Tracks and manages time and budget against plan throughout the project lifecycle; conducts project close-out activities
• Prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints
• Obtains/secures and archives necessary approvals
• Manages and updates project plan.
• Ability to create an effective team environment, builds strong relationships, solving problems and issues in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 3 years professional project management experience required during which at least 2 years are spent leading and directing project tasks, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• Experience working in a lead role on one or more projects required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.