Workers’ Compensation Data Scientist/Reporting & Analytics Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO REMOTE/HOMEBASED CANDIDATES
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
- Workers’ Compensation Data Scientist/Reporting and Analytics Director will have the ability to apply sophisticated quantitative and computer science skills to both structure and analyze massive unstructured data sets or continuously streaming data, with the intent to derive insights and prescribe action regardless of the source, size, or format with deep experience with quantitative discipline, such as applied mathematics or statistics.
- Adept at creating and using tools (BI), reports, and dashboards to look at historical trends in data sets that include data visualization, and experience designing and developing web based reporting portals for clients and internal users.
- Create and maintain methodologies designed to evaluate and quantify medical providers treating injured workers across a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, length of time off work, type and quantity of medications prescribed, Client UR and State IMR decisions, total duration and cost of care, compliance with MTUS and other industry standards, results of the Complaints & Grievances process, State Medical Board postings, and Anthem Commercial PPO ETG assessments.
- This person is responsible for all product outputs currently being sold to insurance companies, employers, bill review companies and TPA’s.
- They will also serve as the senior analytic resource and Workers’ Compensation healthcare economics subject matter expert presenting research expertise to current and prospective clients.
- Prepare Workers’ Compensation data sets using facility and professional medical bills, PBM, UR & IMR, and Indemnity client data. Address and correct data quality concerns.
- Generate quarterly provider profile reports (dashboards) for publication
- Develop methodologies for Workers’ Compensation provider profiling and economic modeling designed to reflect better quality of care and cost containment resulting from enhanced network selections
- Obtains resources (people, funding, material, support) to support business unit information needs and strategic initiatives.
- Provides leadership in motivating team members to accomplish reporting and analytics goals and objectives.
- Reports project status and progress to business unit senior management.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of output and deliverables for assigned functional areas.
- Implements the policies, practices, and procedures of the company and business units supported.
- Provides input on area budgets.
- Establishes relationships with business users both internal and external to the department.
- Oversees entire reporting/analysis/consulting unit or all aspects of a centralized function.
- Partners with senior leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Ability to communicate with customers about technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Understands the business processes that the system supports.
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 10+ years experience leading project teams, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods using tools such as R and SAS and proficient user of big data highly preferred. Specifically must have a minimum of 5 years working with California workers’ compensation data.
- Prior leadership or management experience preferred. Effective communication skills, including facilitation, consultation, negotiation and persuasion.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.