DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Position located in Indianapolis, IN; Roanoke, VA; Richmond, VA or potential other Anthem location
Responsible for delivery of end to end application, system development and maintenance on complex multi technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact cross functional teams.
- Researches and may propose new technologies.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- May own technical testing to ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Will begin to set direction at the project/service level and influences decision-making.
- Provides technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs of the technical solutions.
- Identifies and propose strategies around technical problems affecting team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years related experience; multi dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience mentor others, lead multiple small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Essential skills include VB.NET/C#, ASP.NET (Win/Web Forms);
- NET Framework 2.0/3.5+ ;
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise level applications and interfaces.
- Ability to work within existing Agile Scrum Teams Remotely;
- Proficiency in Web Services (SOAP/RESTAPI), WCF, SOA concepts, MVC Framework, Web Front End and Batch programming;
- Experience in HTML5, CSS3, and one or more of the Responsive CSS Frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation;
- Experience in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or MS SQL;
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
- Should be comfortable in troubleshooting roles; new technologies, self-starter, superior communication skills.
- Familiar with Secure Coding Techniques.
- Working knowledge and preferred experience in using Oracle Databases
- Understanding Checkmarx Security Toolsets, SAFe framework, and SAFe Scrum teams
- Health claim insurance industry will be a plus
- Previous experience with Anthem FHPS client server systems is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.