Process Engineer Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: Process Engineer Advisor
Location: Richmond, VA | Norfolk, VA | Virginia Beach, VA
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for applying process design, mapping and quality assurance tools to define and improve processes.
- Gathers information on existing processes.
- Performs analysis on current capabilities versus desired capabilities.
- Tests processes, documents and communicates results.
- Applies process design, mapping and quality assurance tools to define processes.
- Conducts testing to ensure standard processes, policies, guidelines and templates are being utilized.
- Interprets results of testing.
- Applies mapping and streamlining techniques to implement/improve processes.
- Defines metrics to measure process effectiveness.
- Interviews associates to document workflows.
- Assists in training associates on new processes.
- Authors and interprets processes and procedures, templates and guidelines.
- Facilitates process design meetings.
- Creates and executes implementation plans for new processes.
- Provides post production support for issue management and resolution.
- Identifies architecture and structural design techniques to design process systems.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and minimum of 7 years experience authoring and analyzing technology processes with 3 years experience with process implementation in portfolio management and/or project management; process/maturity models in the applicable domain (ITIL, CMMI, Six Sigma, COBIT); process modeling languages such as Process Definitional Language (XPDL) and models such as Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer (SIPOC) preferred. Experience with process design, mapping, quality tools, and organizational change management concepts required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Experience working with a on-site team or virtual team troubleshooting business solutions/application/system issues.
- Experience with portfolio/project management software strongly preferred.
- Experience with Facets, Pega, and Medicare/Medicaid Claims Management
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.