Pharmacist Program Manager/PBM Cost of Care
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Open to remote for those in the MO, KS, AR, OK areas surrounding Springfield, MO; however, it is expected that the incumbent occasionally travels to our St. Louis and/or Springfield, MO office at minimum 12 times a year.
The Pharmacist Program Manager is responsible for serving as the primary contact for a specific pharmacy program which may be assigned by geographic location, business unit, or functional area.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages both internal and external stakeholder communications for assigned area.
- Acts as the primary clinical resource for the assigned client regarding efforts to improve the performance of the pharmacy benefit.
- Provides expertise and guidance regarding drug utilization, spend and trend.
- Provides ongoing support to assigned client and Anthem affiliated health plans regarding pharmacy programs and performance goals.
- Shares insights with matrix partners during the creation and roll-out of new pharmacy programs.
- Requires a registered pharmacist (RpH) license in the state of MO; 2 years of managed care pharmacy experience including knowledge of current health care and managed care pharmacy practices; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Previous PBM Client facing experience required.
- PBM Cost of Care experience preferred
- Professional designation preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.