Social Work Case Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Responsible for ensuring effective psychosocial intervention, positively impacting a patient's ability to manage his/her chronic illness. This role focuses on Palliative Care/Hospice patients. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes available community, government, and/or client resources needed to address participant's limitations or support interventions in the management of the participant's chronic condition.
- Manages behavioral and psychosocial needs that result in improved clinical and financial outcomes and delivers social work interventions.
- Assists members to effectively utilize available resources to meet their personal health needs and help them develop their own capabilities.
- Evaluates members' ability to independently manage self and locate alternative resources when limitations are identified via a Social Work Psychosocial evaluation.
- Provides guidance to members seeking alternative solutions to specific social, cultural or financial problems that impact their ability to manage their healthcare needs.
- Evaluates members' strengths related to health self-management, develops strategies to support healthcare needs and implements plans in support of case decisions.
- Facilitates and coordinates behavioral health resources as individual member needs are identified.
- Work in collaboration with the nurse and or nurse practitioner.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
- Requires MS (at a minimum) in Social Work and minimum of 3 years of experience in case management in a health care environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted LMSW or LCSW (or equivalent) license in applicable state(s) required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) or multi-language skills preferred.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.