Internal Auditor Sr (SOX & SOC Assurance)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Internal Auditor Sr.
This position will sit at the Indianapolis or at any other anthem office in est/ cst region
Our Internal Auditor Sr. performs and leads financial or operational audit procedures to support the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley and SSAE 18 Service Organization Controls (SOC) Report compliance activities. Evaluates complex business processes to ensure conformance with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board standards, company policies and procedures, sound principles of internal control, and applicable professional standards of practice. Collaborates with external auditors on audit planning, testing and evaluation procedures. Ensures stability and compliance with audit and regulatory requirements/mandates.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates engagement plan objectives (conducts team meetings, performs interviews and research as necessary to perform reviews and audits, verifies projects are tracking timely, creates issue lists).
- Reviews and documents results of compliance testing in accordance with professional standards (including SOX and SSAE 18).
- Works with business partners to develop appropriate remediation steps where necessary.
- Assesses audit risk of financial controls, operational business processes or IT General Controls.
- Analyzes results of specific or general work requests.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
- Requires a BA/BS in accounting or finance and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Travel of up to 30% possible.
- Competent understanding of audit and regulatory requirements and standards (PCAOB, SSAE 18, SOX, COSO, CobiT, etc…) is strongly preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, MBA, CISSP, or other relevant advanced degree or certification an asset.
- Competent desktop skills (MS Excel, Word, other MS Office products) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization and time management skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in team environment.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.