Business Information Developer Consultant
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Determines how decision support systems will provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling of information sources and flows.
- May coordinate the activities of a project team and monitors project schedules and costs for own projects. Develops strategic report applications from the Data Warehouse.
- Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports complex data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
- Builds visualizations and dashboards supporting business reporting needs that is actionable and intuitive
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- Understanding of how to combine data from multiple disparate datasets and databases
- The majority of time will be spent programming.
- Focused on very complex data mining analysis, coordinating the activities of a project team, and developing complex strategic report applications.
- BS/BA degree; 4-5 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is also required.
- Prior experience with a data visualization tool required (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.)
- Ability to drive conversations with business leaders and translate needs into technical requirements
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.