Solution Analyst Intern II - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Anthem’s Reimagine team seeks innovative, high-energy problem solvers to work with and learn from cross-functional teams as we transform the way we deliver exceptional stakeholder experiences and enhanced care delivery for our members.
Our internship program is designed to strengthen your understanding of the healthcare industry and prepare you for future opportunities through meaningful work, leadership exposure, targeted training, and intentional mentoring from a team that is fully invested in your success.
Primary responsibilities for the Solutions Analyst Intern may include supporting:
- Synthesize and analyze data to identify critical trends, create visual representations, and make informed, data-driven recommendations
- Examine current state processes to conduct root cause analyses and provide recommendations for incremental process improvements
- Support solutions design and deployment-related to provider and member experience
- Automate simple tasks or processes for team or self (training provided)
- Deploy change management mindsets, skills, tools, and processes throughout the enterprise
- Support the creation of multimedia solutions designed to upskill associates
- Develop business unit strategy that aligns to corporate strategic pillars
Examples of projects for this role:
- Development of Tableau-based project metrics dashboard
- Creation of a change management playbook and resource library
- Automation of workflow processes for Anthem Automation University
- Design pilot for ID card address management system
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Healthcare Management, Healthcare Administration, Service Operations Management, Organizational Change Management, Data/ Business Analytics or a related major
- This internship is from June 6th to August 12th and is 40 hours per week
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Data analysis and data visualization skills
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in Tableau, PowerBI, and Visio preferred
- Process improvement, including current state analysis, process mapping and future state design
- Six Sigma Certification (white or yellow belt) preferred
- Project management, including project plan development, milestone tracking, risk management reporting, and template development
- Active in case study competitions or consulting clubs
- Multi-media skills (video and audio editing, graphic design for web and digital print) preferred for some projects
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.