Nurse Appeals Associate - Sign On Bonus $3,000
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Nurse Appeals Associate is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of quality improvement interventions and audits.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, collects data, and submits and resolves administrative appeals.
- Contributes to external reviews site visit preparations by the State, accreditation review and Quality Management Committee; conducts internal monitoring and audits timeline compliance standards.
- Processes, tracks, trends, and reports complaint and grievances issues.
- Prepares complaint and grievance files for Fair Hearings and serves as a subject matter expert on complaints and grievances for non-clinical staff.
- Participates in quarterly Plan HIPAA audits.
- Requires an LVN/LPN and minimum of 1 year of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would require an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted LPN/LVN license in applicable state(s) required.
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.