ITIL IT Project Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
ITIL IT Project Manager
The ITIL IT Project Manager is the member of IT portfolio responsible Scale Agile (SAFe) Agile Release Train activities. This role will facilitate program level processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk and help drive program level continuous improvement.
Preferred Locations - Atlanta, Georgia strongly preferred. Also open to Chicago, IL , Las Vegas, NV, Louisville, KY, Mason, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Morristown, NJ, St Louis, MO, Virginia Beach, VA Wallingford, CT.
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is the member of the Agile Release Train (ART) team responsible for navigation of ART team activities. This role will facilitate program level processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk and help drive program level continuous improvement. This role is IT Delivery focused role. The expectations are to understand overall IT delivery responsibilities, scope, dependencies, and the ecosystem, and proactively plan and resolve dependencies, and reduce risks. The role will focus on metrics, dependencies, proactive risk reduction, and collaboration of dependencies with other ARTs.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for pre-planning and facilitating PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of the vision and risk management of backlogs, and post-PI activities.
- Proactively identify and resolve dependencies. Understanding of the Business scope, and dependencies on other systems and teams on other ARTs.
- Ensure that Product Management, Products Owners, and other value stream stakeholders are informed of ART activities to ensure strategic execution alignment.
- Lead and plan systems and solutions demos to ensure program increment while driving continuous improvement.
- Aggregate and publish team objectives to ensure execution of ART plan.
- Manage and optimize the flow of activities through sprint and program increments using various ART and Agile tools.
- Continue to improve knowledge of ART activities at Anthem as well as in industry.
- Requires strong IT/Software Engineering/Testing, End-To-End Testing background.
- Requires minimum of 15 years’ experience, Management, Leadership roles in IT/software development, delivering using Agile methodologies; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) framework.
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree; requires minimum of 5 years experience in implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.