Technology Program Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Opportunity for a Tech Program Director to contribute to the development of a new product/platform build which will support Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM). Provides leadership for multiple large/strategic enterprise wide programs made up of multiple projects. Manages projects of at least $20M+ in size or equal complexity. Typically reports to an executive.
Preferred Locations - Atlanta, GA Virginia Beach, VA, Richmond, VA, Mason,OH
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and driving product integration for the new platform which meets or exceeds defined objectives, interfacing with key Information Technology (IT) solution vendors/partners; contributing to the development of product strategies, and engaging business partners to understand product capabilities.
- Provides strategic planning analysis to ELT concerning staffing needs on short to long term basis based on program projections.
- Provides strategic direction for developing enterprise project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risk, contingency plan and allocation of resources.
- Provides expert knowledge of project management methodology approaches, techniques and tools to senior management.
- Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
- Coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 15 years of enterprise project management experience in broad-based information systems managing increasing project size and complexity that are transformational in nature for the organization, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Requires experience in effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required and/or data warehouse planning and development. Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members strongly preferred. Experience using portfolio management application and Rational tools strongly preferred. Project management certification (PMP or PgMP) strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.