Dir I Technology
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred Locations - Atlanta, Georgia strongly preferred. Also open to Chicago, IL , Las Vegas, NV, Louisville, KY, Mason, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Morristown, NJ, St Louis, MO, Virginia Beach, VA Wallingford, CT.
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Director 1 Technology
The Director 1 Technology will lead a team contributing to the development of a new product/platform build which will support Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM). The platform will cover all aspects of PBM processing: Pre-adjudication, Adjudication, Post-adjudication and Shared Services. Responsible for contributing to the delivery of information systems and/or technology services that includes architecture, product development, security, and integration.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with key Information Technology (IT) solution vendors/partners
- Contributing to the development of product strategies, and engaging business partners to understand product capabilities
- Directs multiple work functions/applications or major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact
- Establishes business objectives and integrates operational plans
- Negotiates the resolution of intra-organizational issues in the balanced best interests of the business
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports
- Requires previous experience working in or solid understanding of PBM Industry
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field; 7+ years of IT management experience
- Ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- PMP, PgMP preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.