Senior Technical Writer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred Locations - Atlanta, Georgia strongly preferred. Also open to Chicago, IL , Las Vegas, NV, Louisville, KY, Mason, OH, Minneapolis, MN, Morristown, NJ, St Louis, MO, Virginia Beach, VA Wallingford, CT.
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Senior Technical Writer
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for documenting the capabilities, integration points, and use cases associated with a new product/platform build which will support Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM). Organizes, develops, and documents business technical information, processes and procedures.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Works with a product development team to evaluate documentation needs
- Conducts interviews to gather information
- Gathers, writes, validates and updates training material, end-user documentation, operations manuals and technical user guides
- Creates executive status reporting materials and communications
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of technical writing experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong experience with documentation and executive presentation software (i.e. PowerPoint) required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.