Senior Data Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: Solutions Engineer Advisor Sr
Location: Atlanta, GA | Indianapolis, IN | Richmond, VA | Mason, OH | Norfolk, VA
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements, leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
This position supports Anthem’s federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Minimum Required Skills:
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and minimum of 7 years multi platform and/or business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience analyzing data sets, building data pipelines, and transforming data
- SQL, NoSQL, ETL (Informatica), Python, and MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka, Postgres, and cloud development are nice to have.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.