Disability Policy Engagement Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Disability Policy Engagement Director
Responsible for supporting the execution and advocacy strategy for various communities e.g., mental health and substance abuse disorders, disability, aging, LGBTQA+, and Foster Care, mental health and substance use disorders, and individuals in foster care to help maintain and constantly improve the corporation’s understanding of member, state and federal issues, model and product development, and competitive position to improve member health outcomes and achieve growth targets.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Support and help execute advocacy and outreach strategy for new markets and/or new products, including assisting subject matter experts in the research and formation of new products, healthcare programs, RFP responses, business development, public policy, and government relations activities.
- Support individual health plans across the enterprise with GR initiatives and market research relating to social drivers of health and the various communities we support e.g., disability, aging, LGBTQA+, and Foster Care, mental health and substance use disorders, and individuals in foster care.
- Support strategies to improve health plans product expansion, growth of market share, and positioning.
- Provide background to Health Plans and corporate functional areas in the design/development and implementation of programs, processes, provider collaboration, tools, documentation, and measurements necessary for successful execution of initiatives.
- Help to develop and maintain relationships and participate in initiatives with national partners and other key stakeholders relevant to the success of company programs and national issues for participation in enterprise-wide initiatives with internal groups including, provider innovation, the foundation, clinical quality, and public health policy, to improve health and quality of life outcomes for the various communities e.g., disability, aging, LGBTQA+, and Foster Care, mental health and substance use disorders, and individuals in foster care.
- Participate in National Partnerships that are in concert with the overall strategy to improve our position and foster collaborations addressing social drivers of health and support various communities e.g., disability, aging, LGBTQA+, and Foster Care, mental health, and substance use disorders, and individuals in foster care.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 8 years of advocacy, community-based organization, legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs, or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Advocacy experience in mental health and substance abuse disorders, social drivers of health, disability, or similar is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with people with lived and personal experience and community organizations.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $96,348 - $120,435
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remain in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2020 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.