Nurse Care Mgr Ld
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Work from Home
Shift: Monday - Friday 8 - 4:30 pm EST.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains an active case load of the most complex cases and assists team members in the delivery of disease management programs; provides guidance and assistance with clinical, program, and client specific questions and situations.
- Ensures medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care through assessing the medical necessity of inpatient admissions, outpatient services, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting and level of care.
- Serves as resource to lower-level nurses; functions as preceptor for new care management staff.
- Serves as first line contact for conflict resolution.
- Develops training materials, completes quality audits, and performs process evaluations, and tests and monitors systems/process enhancements. Assists with development of care management policies, procedures, and new programs.
- Monitors assigned telephone skill groups and work volumes to meet performance expectations as related to call volume, call length, and productivity. Identifies potential obstacles and reports possible solutions.
- Requires minimum of 7 years of acute care clinical experience and minimum of 2 years of disease management experience, home health/discharge planning experience, managed care experience and leadership experience and minimum of 2 years in Nurse Care Mgr II role or minimum of 1 year in Nurse Care Mgr Sr role or equivalent experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
- Requires 3 years full-time equivalent of direct clinical care experience to the consumer, 5 years full-time equivalent of direct clinical care experience to the consumer preferred; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred. Certification in the American Association of Managed Care Nurses preferred.
- Broad clinical knowledge base of disease processes strongly preferred.
- Prior case management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical management process and ability to interpret and apply member contracts, member benefits, and managed care products strongly preferred.
- AS or BS in nursing preferred.
- Certification as a Case Manager from the approved list of certifications or a BS in a health or human services related field also preferred.
- Team leads must hold a certification as a case manager within 3 years of starting the CM Team Lead role.
- Experienced working with remote teams preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.