Senior Training Specialist
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Senior Training Specialist is responsible for facilitating a variety of performance-based learning events. Typically the training is focused on specialized skills training such as sales, clinical, leadership, or technical training; not operations processes and procedures. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates learning events that are performance-based in nature.
- Delivers synchronous and asynchronous learning events using varied media in virtual and global environments.
- Employs rapid course development methodologies to quickly meet client needs.
- Exercises classroom management including learner performance and escalates issues to Learning & Development and client leadership when necessary.
- Consults and solves complex learning solutions including identifies client training needs, successfully uses performance consulting to analyze data and identify the root causes to determine appropriate learning solutions, develops service level agreements, and meets with clients to obtain approval. Is able to mentor and coach others in developing these skills.
- Measures, tracks, and evaluates learner and client satisfaction. Thinks and acts globally and possesses the ability to understand learning and cultural differences both domestically and globally to drive learner effectiveness. Is able to mentor and coach others in developing these skills.
- Keeps technical skills updated.
- Requires BA/BS in a related field and a minimum of 5 years training experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Knowledge and experience with LMS applications.
- Experience with designing and implementing Role-Based Competency models
- Sales and/or Sales Training experience
- Ability to occasionally travel
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.