Senior Release Train Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: Release Management Senior Advisor
Location: Atlanta, GA | Indianapolis, IN | Richmond, VA | Norfolk, VA | Mason, OH
Responsible for applying release, implementation and change management methodologies/procedures to ensure the goals and objections of each release are staffed for successful implementation and accepted on time through following established release planning processes. Works with IT and Business management to ensure a release schedule is defined and communicated to meet business/Enterprise needs including dependent systems.
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the release management team and all planning meetings for multiples platforms and project releases.
- Establishes policies, procedures and best practices governing troubleshooting efforts; leads, approves and communicates back out strategies to IT and business leadership; and directs and coordinates the activities of Enterprise releases.
- Mentors team and works with establishment of CI/CD pipeline and adherence to best practices using various tools like GitLab, Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket and other DevSecOps tools.
- Management duties may include leading/mentoring and training release management staff, working with the team to deliver services that efficiently and effectively.
- Provides guidance to the maintenance release team and support staff and reviews release and project deliverable schedule, milestones, and required tasks and makes changes and additions as required for Enterprise level programs.
- May provide strategic planning analysis concerning staffing needs on a short-, medium- and long-term basis, based on large scale program releases which include maintenance releases and special dedicated project releases.
- Conduit for channeling strategic analysis and insight to and from release management team's planning and methodology at local, regional, National and Enterprise level.
- Management duties may include leading/mentoring and training release management staff.
- Knowledge & experience in XL release, ServiceNow, JIRA, CI/CD pipeline, deployments, and infrastructure a plus.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 7 years Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or knowledge of project management methodologies with experience in managing multiple releases in a time sensitive environment.
- BA/BS in a related field of study and a minimum of 5 years project managment strongly preferred.
- Experience in testing, SDLC, operations within IT and Business strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.