Technical Project Manager Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
- Works independently with business partners to identify and implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development.
- Manages projects at least $5-7 M in size or equal complexity.
- Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
- Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
- In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager which include managing all aspects of a project including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope; develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans; develops training plans; develops requirements documents; develops project approval matrix; identifies project team training and tool needs; defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for vendor partners and global resources firms; defines quality gates for each project methodology phase; defines critical success factors; establishes and manages the project warranty period.
- Acts as subject matter expert for project and program management related tools and processes.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 3 years leading and directing project tasks; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.