Data Architect Sr Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Position may be located in Brentwood, TN; Orlando, FL; or near another Anthem location.
Responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance on data architecture matters.
- Ensures that industry-accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines and coordinated roll-out and adoption strategies are in place.
- Implements programs to achieve competitive advantage.
- Oversees enterprise-wide modeling efforts.
- Stays apprised of best practices for physical design for at least two major Database Management Systems platforms on the technology tool stack and ensures this knowledge is reflected in work practice documentation.
- Ensures cross-team collaborations are in place to support an integrated approach to sharing across technical disciplines.
- Ensures that a governance process is in place to support effective modeling tool usage.
- Develops a formal portfolio of data architecture services.
- Ensures Data Architecture work is part of the overall process of developing concepts, defining formal projects, planning and initiation of projects.
- Combines a solid understanding of SQL, process analysis, and enterprise-level data analytics methodologies to produce reporting that supports strategic planning while driving continuous improvement.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of data management and/or data modeling experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- MS SQL Server
- Experience in creating actionable insights, deploying cutting-edge data modeling strategies, and developing KPI reporting that positively impacts company-wide performance
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.