Scrum Master Advisor (Agile Coach)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
As the Agile Coach, you will help introduce, lead, manage, and grow the Agile discipline. You will act as a trusted advisor and guide for Agile teams through the ongoing Agile transformation process, lending your expertise in setting strategy, provide training on Agile software development mindsets, practices, and tools, and lead teams through the execution of these changes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited:
- Help create a solid foundation for introducing and scaling Agile and improving team understanding of Agile practice.
- Acts as change agent and demonstrates to the teams how the Agile processes and systems work.
- Act as an escalation point and/or “tie-breaker” for members of the self-organized scrum teams when resolution needs to be reached.
- Help foster strong communication and collaboration inside and outside the team, employing effective feedback loops to ensure team needs are being met and impediments are escalated and removed in a timely manner.
- Shepherd teams through Agile ceremonies.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement by forging close partnerships and employing transformational leadership and influence methods, help advocate and champion continuous improvement of Agile events and practices.
- Guide and mentor multiple teams in the consistent practice of Agile concepts, including roles, ceremonies, processes, compliance, and tool usage within Anthem’s Agile delivery context. Improves application of Agile principles.
- Promote metrics-led, continuous improvement of the Agile delivery processes and propose adaptations of the methodology to address novel situations. Assists with improving operational metrics in efficiency and quality.
- Assists with refining the Agile delivery process to reduce areas of uncertainty that become impediments for the team.
- Ensure that team feedback disseminated and communicated to IT so that potential changes can be implemented enterprise wide.
- Participate in both the internal and external Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends.
- Continue to improve knowledge of Agile activities at Anthem as well as in industry.
- Coach Epic owners with capability and feature decomposition and developing acceptance criteria.
- Deliver workshops and training as required.
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study with IT focus degree and a minimum of 7 years experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with CSM, CSPO and large sized Agile implementations (e.g. 7 or more teams) strongly preferred.
- CTC or equivalent. SAFe Agilist (SA) / SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4) or equivalent, preferred.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool stack, including Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working in a high collaborative, decentralized work environment.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.